Instructions for applying for a Certified, Classified, or Substitute position with Page Unified School District follows.
Certificated positions include:
There are two steps involved when applying for a Certified position:
1. Application materials are completed and submitted (see details in the sidebar at right).
2. Screening interview is conducted (see below)
NOTE: You will not be considered for any openings unless all application materials have been signed and submitted and your screening interview has been completed.
Individual screening interviews are generally scheduled with the applicant through individual departments and the school or the Human Resources office.
The above materials should be taken to the Human Resources Office at 500 S Navajo, Page, AZ. At that time you will be given additional processing paperwork to complete.
Classified Personnel includes all support staff in positions that do not require a teaching certificate to perform their job. These positions include clerical, maintenance, bus drivers, and many other areas of employment.
- The Classified Application is available for download, and can be printed and completed.
- If you have submitted an application within the last two years, you will need to submit a Qualifications Sheet and advise HR of your desire to have your application considered for additional positions.
- You may deliver, fax, or mail the application to the Human Resources office. Our fax number is (928) 645-2805. Please call us at (928) 608-4108 to confirm your fax was received in its entirety.
- Applications received after 4:00 pm on the day the position posting closes will not be considered.
- The entire application packet must be completed. A resume may be submitted along with the completed application, however the employment history section of the application must by completely filled out. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Office positions may require clerical testing. Testing takes approximately 35 minutes and includes typing, spelling, general computer skills (Windows operating system), and math.
- A Data Entry test may also be required as appropriate for a position.
- Technical positions often require testing that is specific to the position.
- Current employees do not need to complete the entire application packet. A completed Qualifications Sheet is the only form required for a current employee to be considered. The completed Qualifications Sheet must be received in the Classified Human Resources Department office by 4:00 p.m. on the day the position posting closes.
All Classified employees hired by Page Unified School District #8 are fingerprinted as a condition of employment. The cost of that process is automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. All employees are considered conditional employees until the fingerprint check is finalized.
Our substitute teachers are considered an important part of the educational program. They contribute much to the children of this community.
Substitutes are paid $75.00 to $85.00 per day depending on the type certification.
To submit an application for substitute teacher, you must have a valid Arizona teaching certificate or substitute certificate. If you have a bachelor’s degree, you can apply for an Arizona substitute certificate. Call the Department of Public Safety at (602) 223-2279 to obtain a fingerprint clearance packet. The Department of Education requires a fingerprint clearance card, official transcripts, and an application to issue a substitute certificate. Call the Department of Education at (602) 542-4367 or visit their site at www.azed.org for further information.
Page Unified School District #8 accepts Substitute Teacher applications year-round. The requirements needed to begin your application process are:
- Substitute Teacher application
- Arizona teaching or substitute certification
- Transcripts (do not need to be official)
- Notice to Consumer Authorization
The following must be completed before substitute assignments begin:
- Measles and Rubella Immunization Record Form
- Loyalty Oath
- W-4 Form (Income Tax-IRS)
- A-4 Form (Arizona Withholding)
- I-9 Eligibility Verification Form
- Demographics Form
Photo ID and original social security card must be shown before a hire packet will be considered complete.