Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher with the Page Unified School District!
To be a substitute teacher, you must have a valid fingerprint clearance card and either an Arizona substitute, standard teaching, or emergency certificate.
1. Obtain a fingerprint clearance card:
- The Human Resource office provides fingerprinting services to those seeking employment with our school. All necessary paperwork is available at 500 South Navajo. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please bring a money order or cashier’s check of $67 made payable to DPS. You may visit the Arizona Department of Public Safety website or contact them by phone at (602) 223-2279.
2. Obtain an Arizona Substitute Certificate:
- Once fingerprint clearance card is received, download the substitute certificate application form . Contact the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) at (602) 364-2300 for information.
- Official college transcripts must be submitted with application.
- Mail application to the Arizona Department of Education with a money order or personal check of $60 payable to ADE. Applications cannot be submitted online.
- An Emergency Substitute Certificate requires high school diploma, GED, official high school transcripts with diploma posted, or official college/university transcripts with posted high school graduation date. The request form for an Emergency Substitute Certificate is to be completed and signed by the school district superintendent. Our office will assist in the completion of this form.
3. Documents required for hiring:
- A valid fingerprint clearance card
- An Arizona teaching or substitute certificate
- A completed application
- Official transcript
- PUSD Governing Board Approval
Once all hiring documentation is completed, and your employment has been accepted by the PUSD Governing Board, you will be required to attend a staff orientation.